Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week three

Finding time to blog here is hard by the way
Week three was amazing! We had 750 campers, a huge increase from week two, which only had 350! It was exhausting and long, but amazing! I can't believe that today marked the beginning of the last week here! 
I worked our OAG course two of the three days again this week, which was SO fun! We had one camper get below 3 min(a new camper record) and another break her ankle within the first 10 feet of the course.  What a week. some Chaperones had terrible attitudes at the game, but most of the campers were great, and made up for the adults.  
I also found out yesterday that I have an infected lymph node in my face(my star node for those who keep up with anatomy) which hurts SO much.  I have antibiotics, but if they don't work, which they aren't yet, I become a "surgical case" which I don't want to happen.  Please pray the antibiotics work!
I bonded with a church this week more than I have with any all summer.  Especially one specific girl. She is 15 and still, I think, in middle school mode.  She has no idea what respect looks like, and doesn't yet understand what is important in life.  My heart broke for her this week because I want her to know God intimately and she has no desire to.  I'm not sure she is a believer, and if she is, she has a very immature walk with Him.  Pray for her as you have time this week, and that camp somehow broke her a little, and that she would be ready to truly live God's word. 
Also pray that I will bond with the people on staff.  I don't feel like I have had many deep conversations with people and I want to build deep relationships with these people.  I know its a little late, but I desire these relationships so much, and they aren't really there yet.   
One more week.  pray its a blessed and powerful one, and that God's spirit fills the students who will be here!